Monday, August 6, 2012

Memories on the Kenai

Ever since I was a child, I have participated in dip netting with my family. For the non-Alaskans out there, Dip Netting is a form of fishing wear you take a huge net, wade out into to the ocean, and wait for the swift swimming salmon to stumble upon your net. Locations to dip include Kenai River, Kasilof River, and the Chitina River. It typically lasts two to three weeks and is a subsistence fishery to Alaskan residents only. But to me, It's more than a fishing trip. It's a family bonding experience. I have been a part of countless stories and memories and I wouldn't trade them for the world. The salmon are just a added bonus. 
Here are a few pictures from my most recent excursion with the family, at the Kenai!









1 comment:

  1. I remember when you and your mom went! Good Times, Good Times!

    ReplyDelete