Wednesday, September 5, 2012

3 Week Mark: Saturday Night Lights

     Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. These last few weeks I've realized that being busy is a part of college. Especially, if you try to go to football games. This labor day I had the pleasure to go to the kickoff of  our college footbaIl. I couldn't wait to sit in the stands in a sea of Crimson and Old Gold.

     But first, I had to find out how to get to the game. I had to get to the city of Birmingham. I discovered that the Student Government Association was funding a bus and seats were available. That Thursday, I got one of the last tickets for the bus and got my ticket for the game. The Tuskegee Golden Tigers were facing there rival the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, in a game dubbed, "The Battle in Birmingham". I put the ticket in my pocket, and began my wait for Saturday.
                                          The Ticket

BATTLE IN BIRMINGHAM



  Tuskegee University         V.S     Alabama A&M University
     When Saturday came, I had came down with a cold. Being sick with a cold and alone in my dorm room might be the worst thing ever. It made me want to marry a nurse after college. But I fought through it and I made it to the bus stop. The day before, I wore my only Tuskegee shirt for College colors day so I had to rock my Lebron James lion shirt. Tigers and lions are in the same family, right? So I got on the bus, with a fist full of tissues and ticket to a game 120 miles away. 

College Colors Day
                                     

                                   Waiting for the bus

The bus ride was boring, tedious and a bit bumpy, but it got me where I needed to go. The game was at Legion Field, It is known for being the home for the soccer games in the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. I walked into the stadium and sat in the student section near the band. Before the game even started, it was crazy. Its hard to describe, so I uploaded a little bit of the action, but it will never compare to being there.

SO BORED I don't know what to do with myself.




Legion field

                                      


          This Percussion Solo in the Stands Rocked the Stadium

The Tuskegee Experience

KICK OFF

     Even though  the crowd had more fun than the opposing side, we ended up losing the game 6-7, which gave me a flashback of my last game at East High. We lost by the same score in a playoff game in Juneau.The Golden Tigers literally played to the last second, and ended the game, with a missed field goal. We lost, but I had a great time and I can't wait for the next game.

1 comment: